[LUAU] System Admin for regular users

Shawn Evans evanss001 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Nov 30 21:18:48 PST 1998

Everyone,

   I have a slight problem.  I have many laptop systems running Redhat
4.2 (depended on because of software using 4.2) and I need a way for a
basic user to administer some basics without becoming SU.  All the user
needs to be able to do is:

1.  Change local IP Address
2.  Change other peoples ip's in their own /etc/hosts
3.  Change printer
4.  Clear printer queue

Any good ideas.  Would perfer to keep it in a GUI format and avoid the
command line as much as possible.

  I tried linuxconf on my 5.2 system to check it out... tried to give
myself permission as a regular user to execute linuxconf and make
changes, but it wouldn't let me.

Thanks,

Shawn