[LUAU] TCP/IP WANs

Scott Cooley scott at hi.net
Thu Dec 31 17:06:28 PST 1998

Here's a general TCP/IP question i need help with...

I've been presented with the challenge of networking a local office to a
remote site using TCP/IP.  The specs call for using a leased line and IP
routers / CSU/DSU units on both ends.  I've never done such a WAN before
so could anybody point me in the right direction as far as what hardware
is required (brands etc) and what type of phone line is required?

My other idea as i posted a while ago is to use RoadRunner businses on
each end with appropriate firewalls, but I wanted to avoid the cost of
two more linux boxes to do the firewalling / gatewaying.  Also in the rare
occasion the IP would change, it could bring the whole link down couldn't
it.

thanks in advance,
scott