[LUAU] Meeting for January

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Wed Dec 30 01:19:21 PST 1998

Well, it's that time of year again. I discussed privately with a few
people and decided that December was a lousy time for meeting. Shopping,
shopping, shopping, finals, stress, stress, stress. Basically.

But it's over now, and baring major problems, we're looking at a meeting
at Manoa Innovation Center on January 19th. I don't have a time yet (hint,
hint John) but I'd imagine around 6 or so.

Well, I've been busy. For instance, I'm running 2.2.0pre1. Been hearing
nasty things about it on the mailing list but it works great for me.
Anybody else running 2.1.x or 2.2.0pre?

Several problems I needed to overcome first however, but it's all good.

I'm running X-Windows constantly for the first time in a long while.
Pretty nice on a 17". Now I want 19". *sigh* can't win.

WEll anyhow, we'll find topics to discuss.

Just as an aside.. I'm trying to install FreeBSD 3.0 on my machine. Not
Linux, but a close analogue. :)