[LUAU] SAMBA Help

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Tue Dec 22 09:23:19 PST 1998

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, John W Christian wrote:

> Yes Chris, let's hear more of this sordid story.....    ;-)

Well... we use Microsoft Exchange for some of our mail. More than I'd like
but well... that's life for you.

So anyhow, for those who has setup mail for a small network, you know it
requires sharing a directory (wgpo0000) and so on.

We hit upon the idea of using Samba to share the directory. We copied off
the existing postoffice (my machine no less) to the samba machine.

And then pointed each MS exchange client to it.

Kinda nice.

It works so far... I'm waitnig for SOMETHING to go wrong.