[LUAU] SCSI config

Scott Cooley scott at hi.net
Sun Dec 20 01:53:06 PST 1998

Here's a general SCSI question...

i've got an Adaptec 2940UW PCI card with a Cheetah HD connected via scsi-2
and an external CD-R drive connected via the external HD-80 port.  With
the Cheetah in the system alone, and no termination anywhere (the
drive is
ID 0), the system boots and I can use the HD.  If I add the external Cd-R
drive, either with termination or without, the SCSI bios says "Termination
not found...bios not loaded."

So my question is, what is the correct way to terminate the drives in this
system, where I have one device inside and one outside?  another problem
is the Cheetah seems to not have any termination capabilities of its own,
ie termination jumpers.  The Cd-R came with an external terminator "plug"
which i've been using.

thanks,
scott