[LUAU] X stuff and KDE

Michael & Diana Hasse hassem001 at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Dec 4 18:25:41 PST 1998

I'm looking for some help in getting X configured "properly".  I have X
running just fine on a Caldera 1.2 system.  I installed KDE from the source
RPM's that are available from Caldera and do have KDE working somewhat.
I can get kdm to launch at boot and have a nice GUI login, but when I login,
it starts fvwm.  What file is this looking for to launch so I can get it to
launch kwm then run the startkde script correctly?

The other option I have tried is to login to the command prompt and type
startx at the command prompt.  I can get it to execute startkde but only if
I also have xinitrc launch an xterm also. I would like some help getting
this configured to launch kde without the extra xterm opening.

Thanks
Michael Hasse