[LUAU] Heads up on poor or no connectivity to mirror site

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Thu May 29 12:51:48 PDT 2014

Welp it just looked like a DNS inject attack....so here's what happened.

1. A JunOS upgrade was done to the main UH routers, which had some adverse
effects
2. that caused all the UH DNS servers and such to disappear from the face
of the earth
3. one particular domain was registered on GoDaddy that was in an address
space VERY similar to what the Chinese MSS uses for attacks
4. So on campus the domain goes to UH address space, but in the outside
world it goes to GoDaddy who then redirects to a UH address.

So it was just a weird happenstance....not a real attack.

/brian chee