No subject

Fri May 9 02:17:39 PDT 2014

I may get flamed for saying this, but here goes anyway:  Most people study computer science because professional degrees (Law/Medicine) usually require 7+ years of schooling.

I've worked with many CS graduates who couldn't code a bubble-sort, or had difficulty working a bash shell.  Heck, I remember being pulled into a packed cubicle by a gaggle of bleary-eyed Berkeley CS grads in order to show them how to compile OpenSSH (yes, for real).

The drive to 'build things' with computers is something that can't be endowed by sitting passively in classes for four years -- just like any other creative craft.  So I would just take heart to the fact that you do have the drive to 'build things', and that gives you a competitive advantage in the marketplace.

aloha,
charles