No subject

Fri May 9 02:17:39 PDT 2014

> it. What I am interested in, though, (and I thought the easiest way to
find out would be to install it) is how well winblows
> aplications run on it and is win apps support really "out of the box".
>
> Speaking of disktopish distributions did anyone have any experiences with
ELX?

You will have more Windows capability at a slightly lower price by using
CodeWeavers CrossOver Plugin, CrossOver Office and Transgaming WineX on any
normal Linux distribution.  When setup properly this allows you to
seemlessly use things like Microsoft Office 97 or 2000, Internet Explorer
5.0 or 5.5, Windows Media Player 6.4, Quicktime for Windows, RealPlayer for
Windows, Flash 6.0 and Shockwave for Windows, Lotus Notes client, Starcraft,
Warcraft III, Max Payne, Halflife Counter-Strike and a bunch of other games.
You get all this without downgrading to a terrible Linux distribution like
Xandros/Lindows and losing all security in the process.