No subject

Fri May 9 02:17:39 PDT 2014

The
interview style reminds me a lot of Cringly's
"Triumph of the Nerds" {http://www.pbs.org/cringely/bobsworld.html) and
"Hype!" (http://enquirer.com/columns/mcgurk/013197c_mm.html)
which was very successful in introducing a culture (like the grunge scene in
Seattle) to outsiders such as humble self.

Revolution OS might seem like publicity boast for Linux/OSS advocacy in
Honolulu
if this could be screened at ITEC. However, this movie NEEDS to be exposed
people outside the geek community via a venue such as the film festival.
Otherwise we'll still be wondering why "the public" don't "get" the issues
behind things like open source. "Revolution OS" is a rare chance to present
issues usually sterotyped as "too techi" in a digestable format.  We
shouldn't
miss out on it.

mathisha

> ---