[LUAU] rsync question

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Thu Aug 28 03:01:37 PDT 2014

The files are only removed when —delete is passed. Let’s verify:

foo$ mkdir src dst

foo$ touch src/{1,2,3,4,5}

foo$ rsync -av src/ dst/

building file list ... done

./

1

2

3

4

5

sent 328 bytes  received 136 bytes  928.00 bytes/sec

total size is 0  speedup is 0.00

foo$ rm src/{1,3,5}

foo$ rsync -av src/ dst/

building file list ... done

./

sent 101 bytes  received 26 bytes  254.00 bytes/sec

total size is 0  speedup is 0.00

foo$ ls -1 src

2

4

foo$ ls -1 dst

1

2

3

4

5

foo$ rsync -av --delete src/ dst/

building file list ... done

deleting 5

deleting 3

deleting 1

./

sent 101 bytes  received 26 bytes  254.00 bytes/sec

total size is 0  speedup is 0.00

foo$ ls -1 dst

2

4