[LUAU] rsync question

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Wed Aug 27 20:43:37 PDT 2014

So I'm trying to find if rsync has an option to NOT delete remote files if
they're no longer on the local machine.

The issue is that I can't afford to lose any data off my sensors. I've got
the remote server mounted in fstab so that it looks like two local
directories.

I want to make sure everything in the local directory is copied and synced
(updated) to the remote. But if someone deletes a file on the local machine
but the file exists on the remote side, I don't want that remote file
deleted.

I've been searching like crazy, but rsync always seems to want to delete
the remote file.

Should I consider something other than rsync?

/brian chee

University of Hawaii SOEST
Advanced Network Computing Laboratory (ANCL)
Brian Chee <chee at hawaii.edu>
2525 Correa Road, HIG 500
Honolulu, HI 96822
Office: 808-956-5797