[LUAU] Asterisk SIP trunk provider?

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Tue Nov 6 19:19:20 PST 2012

Hi Guys!

     If any of you have ever wondered about setting up your own PBX /
phone system with Asterisk, try the Asterisk gui package.  I used the
canned versions for CentOS 6.3 and have been pleasantly surprised at how
well it works.  You'll still need to know a lot about SIP and various
phone network concepts, but it's vastly simpler than handwriting /
tweaking several Asterisk config files by hand.  It is probably about as
complicated as setting up a Talkswitch phone system.

     Has anyone here tried any of the SIP trunk providers?  There are
dozens to choose from, but I specifically want a short number of router
hops for Honolulu clients.

Thanks,
-Jeff