[LUAU] Unity follows the bad idea of one UI for all devices

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Tue Mar 20 12:56:33 PDT 2012

     Interesting comments.

     I noticed an irritating anomaly in XFCE behavior under Ubuntu
10.04.  I was unable to copy something from the desktop and then paste
it into a sub folder using Thunar, the default file manager.  When I
opened the desktop in Thunar and copied from there, the operation
worked.  I haven't had the time to look into this problem, but it's on a
machine serving as a sort-of-remote-desktop machine for a few users to
run Thunderbird from whatever location they're at.  I like the small
memory / cpu footprint of XFCE.  Any idea of a suitable resolution?

Aloha,
-Jeff