[LUAU] Help needed with Omega Zip

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Sun Jun 24 17:02:15 PDT 2012

Aloha,

I need to get an old parallel Omega Zip drive to work on a freeBSD 8.*
to transfer some archives to new media.

I have a problem with getting the OS to read the Omega Zip drive so it
can be seen in dmesg to manually set the id correctly in /etc/fstab
Flash drives and floppies show up but not Parallel Omegas. My wifes MS
machine has no parallel input and my several FreeBSD boxes do but wont
find the hardware. I used to use Omega Zip under FreeBSD 4.11. Thought
these had been transferred years ago but they were only found recently.

Any suggestions appreciated.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
   < email: noc at hdk5.net >