[LUAU] Really simple colocation

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Sat Jun 2 02:01:09 PDT 2012

Hi Guys!

     I am frustrated with hosting companies not offering quite what I
want, or changing ownership and then features, or suffering from
strangely slow MySQL servers.  I'm wondering if there is a very very
basic colocation option in town that will give me an IP address on a
pipe with low down-time, and UPS-backed power for me to plug a small box
into.  I don't need loads of monthly bandwidth or even a whole U in a
rack.  I just want to run a basic Drupal site for a local company that
doesn't get huge amounts of site traffic. Something as simple as an Asus
EeeBox is all I need.  (No, really, just a 2 GB RAM Atom box running
Linux is more than enough).

     Has anyone found a good local company that does this for a low
monthly rate?

Thanks for reading this and giving it some consideration,
-Jeff