[LUAU] XFCE is fairly cool

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Fri Aug 31 19:19:25 PDT 2012

Thanks, Peter

     It's interesting to hear about everyone's desktop preferences. I
really like XFCE too.  I experimented with XFCE and LXDE and concluded
that XFCE was more robust and mature than LXDE.  I currently use XFCE as
the desktop for a number of email users.  I have a few servers at
different locations for a client with a lot of "roving" managers.  They
log into their accounts with VNC and get to their email, files, etc.,
with a fairly low bandwidth overhead. Like a terminal server setup, but
much simpler, cheaper and more flexible.  XFCE is great for running
multiple simultaneous users on a server without requiring much CPU or RAM.

-Jeff