[LUAU] RSync help

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Wed Jan 12 00:37:53 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Clifton Royston <
cliftonr at iandicomputing.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 04:24:42PM -1000, James Handsel wrote:
> > Anybody out there good w/rsync?  I'm using it to sync data between an
> > office and a remote server and then running a backup on the remote
> > server and could use some help working out the kinks.

Can you post your script to the list or a pastebin so we can better see what
you are trying to do?

> That part gets to be a pain and I have to figure it out again each
> time.  However it's more of an ssh issue than an rsync issue; when you
> can log in from the backup account on the sending server to the backup
> account on the remote machine without needing to type more than "ssh",
> it'll work unattended for rsync.

You can pass custom ssh keys to rsync using -e.

If you don't mind a level of abstraction, you can preconfigure your ssh
settings into your ~/.ssh/config file and only specify the host on your
rsync line.

-Vince