[LUAU] Netgate and pfSense

Clifton Royston cliftonr at iandicomputing.com
Mon Jan 10 11:24:02 PST 2011

[Apologies if this comes through twice - sent from wrong address]

  I'm looking for inexpensive new hardware with 3 LAN ports to build a
new pfSense box.  (For those who aren't familiar with it, pfSense is a
FreeBSD-based dedicated firewall/router distribution with a fantastic
feature set and incredibly easy to use web GUI.  Highly recommended.)

  I'm thinking about experimenting with a dual upstream configuration
using both Roadrunner cable and DSL, and 3 LAN ports would make that
more convenient, especially on the DHCP side of things.

  I see one of the vendors the pfSense people recommend is Netgate, for
PC-Engine ALIX boards and cases.  Is that Jim Thompson's Netgate?  That
would be a plus if so.

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at iandicomputing.com / cliftonr at lava.net