[LUAU] Heads up of sort outage on HOSEF feed

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Mon May 24 12:39:24 PDT 2010

This coming Thursday around 6:30am there¹s going to be a short outage for a
main switch upgrade (about 10 minutes) feeding my lab and thusly the HOSEF
server. While not giving the HOSEF server more bandwidth (yet) it should
make the ipv6 connectivity faster and more reliable for those that have
discovered ipv6 torrent/FTP downloads.

Just as soon as I can get a few more articles in my backlog done, I¹m hoping
to upgrade the switch directly feeding HOSEF to a full gig link...in
preparation to perhaps getting a 10gig link into the lab someday...whether
that happens is a matter of budget and politics...but I¹m crossing my
fingers.

/brian chee

--
Brian Chee