[LUAU] HOSEF mirror access via FTP?

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Thu May 6 12:06:59 PDT 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:23 AM, Antonio Querubin <tony at lava.net> wrote:
> Scott,
>
> Looks like IPv6 connectivity to mirror.hosef.org is restored.  However, the
> FTP daemon isn't accepting connections over IPv6.

Thanks, Tony. We use vsftp, and this variable is controlled by the
listen setting. I had

#listen_ipv6=YES

commented out for obvious reasons. It is now active and has replaced

listen=YES

listen
If enabled, vsftpd will run in standalone mode. This means that vsftpd
must not be run from an inetd of some kind. Instead, the vsftpd
executable is run once directly. vsftpd itself will then take care of
listening for and handling incoming connections.

Default: NO

listen_ipv6
Like the listen parameter, except vsftpd will listen on an IPv6 socket
instead of an IPv4 one.  This parameter and the listen parameter are
mutually exclusive.

Default: NO

You should be good to go, now. I spent a fair amount of time since we
last wrote working on performance tuning. We spent our first week
completely saturating our 100M link. After limiting the concurrent FTP
connections, and reducing the max rate, everyone now seems to be
getting a fair slice.

> Antonio Querubin
> 808-545-5282 x3003
> e-mail/xmpp:  tony at lava.net