[LUAU] HOSEF mirror access via FTP?

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Wed Apr 28 13:12:14 PDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Antonio Querubin <tony at lava.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010, R. Scott Belford wrote:
>

>  [642021.291876] TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer
>> 0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:ffff:da1c:1ec6:46936/80 shrinks window
>>
>> the issue may be solved. Please let me know so that I can consider this
>> closed or dig more deeply.
>>

> Hmmm, not sure what the above has to do with the servers IPv6 connectivity.
>  Regardless, it's still not reachable via ICMP, FTP, or HTTP over IPv6.

It just indicates that the kernel is responding to IPv6 requests from
somewhere.

> Is the server able to ping6 arin.net or the first-hop router?  Or
> traceroute6 to isc.org or freebsd.org?  If it can't do any of those then
> you've probably got some configuration issues.

Good. More to do. I hate to think that I need to follow some of these steps
and deal with stf, 6 to 4

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIPv6

Your suggestions or aha moments are welcome. Pinging and Traceroutes fail,
but IP6 Tables seem okay

mirror:/etc/cron.daily# ping6 arin.net
PING arin.net(www.arin.net) 56 data bytes
^C
--- arin.net ping statistics ---
8 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 7029ms

traceroute6 freebsd.org
traceroute to freebsd.org (2001:4f8:fff6::28), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
 1  * * *
 2  * * *
 3  * * *
 4  * * *

mirror:/etc/cron.daily# ip6tables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destinatio

Is it possible that the IPv6 address I used for DNS has MAC address settings
tied to the old server? I picked up on this possibility from reading this

http://madduck.net/docs/ipv6/

Thanks to you, Tony, I am trying to learn what I don't know about IPv6,
which is a lot. I have observed from superficially reading the above that
the MAC could be at play. Our address in DNS looks like
this, 2607:f278:4101:12:204:76ff:fef1:edc8 , and I think there are some MAC
numbers here.

> Antonio Querubin
> 808-545-5282 x3003
> e-mail/xmpp:  tony at lava.net