[LUAU] Honolulu WiFi antenna sales?

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Tue Oct 6 21:44:02 PDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Vince Hoang <vince at litrium.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Brian Chee <chee at hawaii.edu> wrote:
>> So does anyone stock and sell 2.4ghz panel antennas in Honolulu? I¹m looking
>> for something in the 65 to 90 degree spread with at around 12dbi of gain
>> hopefully with N connectors on it. It needs to be pole mounted so I would
>> also need a mounting kit. I need it quick so if I can¹t find a Honolulu
>> dealer that has them, I gotta send my bucks to the mainland.

You could ask Jim with Netgate, and you may want to check with Wilson
Chan with the City.  Nam Vu of Shakanet might also have some ideas.
They deploy a lot of hardware and both have sources.

> Have you asked Jim at Netgate? He might have some on island. I don't
> think he rejoined the list after the Great Debacle.

I offered to add Jim to the LUAU list at hosef.org after you removed
us, migrated the list, and deleted the database, Vince.  He was, as
you might imagine, not interested.  He knows the offer stands.  I
personally would not have dared to expect him actually to add himself
to a list he was insultingly removed from, so I made the offer as
matter of good will and proper behavior  Apologies and the passing of
the water under the proverbial bridge took place, of course, because
this is how things should be.

Aloha

> -Vince

--scott