[LUAU] traceroute missing on Ubuntu 8*

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Tue Jun 30 20:21:53 PDT 2009

Aloha,

I have to test networks with this HP Mini running Ububtu 8*. So I need
traceroute. The normal Linux or FreeBSD command is the same. I searched
and found many complaints about this with Ubuntu. That it is missing.
Doesnt work from (root) sudo  or usr.

Acn anyone help me to install this utility and the rest that are needed
for Network trouble shooting. Can I use aptget like Debian to install
missing utilities. Is there away to load a full bash or tcsh shell on
this box?

So far the only thing I havent got running is the way to use a remote
wireless connection like at Starbucks and my network printer I think
needs a prrintcap file like I learned to do way back the day.

Mahalo..

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +
   < email: noc at hdk5.net >