[LUAU] Luau lists ?

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Sat Oct 4 18:18:05 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 11:20 AM, john_re <john_re at fastmail.us> wrote:

> I met a guy at the Sunnyvale,CA linux picnic in August right after
> LinuxWorld SF who said he'd interested in getting the BerkTIPGlobal
> meeting going in HI,  he has something to do with, is it HOSEF?  But I
> havn't heard from him since.  - I'm just slowly getting this BerkTIP
> thing going & havent heard back from hardly anyone yet. I'm hoping he'll
> see some of the announcements I'm doin, & say hi.

Aloha John_Re

We met at LW in August first during Dr. Stanger's BOF session on gnu/linux
in K12, and then again at the Linux Picnic.  I mentioned then that I had
seen your posts to the freesoftwarehawaii.org mailing list, and I suggested
that you continue posting to it.  You are reaching a good enough cross-over
of enthusiasts.  I apprised you that HOSEF was a non-profit entity that
works to organize the community around socially entrepreneurial activities.
For instance, next month we are donating a 25 station computer lab to Ma`ili
Elementary as part of a collaborative project with the University of
Hawaii's College of Education.

You are doing good and noble work by trying so hard to organize so many
people around a worthy stream of informational sessions.  Keep in mind that
mailing lists are, for some, a dying communication medium.  As Vince
mentioned, now that we don't need mailing lists to get X11 or our mice to
work properly, some such as this one get less activity.  I probably
communicate more about FOSS through my twitter account.

--scott