[LUAU] Hello - My Name is Scott

808blogger 808blogger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 00:18:08 PDT 2008

> "..and how sweet it is if that packaged solution costs $0,
>
> It's harder to get "cheaper" than FREE (as in beer)."

It may be presumptive of me but, in my estimation everysingle one of those
computers is likely loaded with software and included incensing  (i could be
wrong) but everybusiness ihave ever worked with buys new computers with
operating systems. So all these machines all already loaded with free as in
beer software.

"You can't possibly "cheapen" the FLOSS community, it's already $0."

i disagree. i meant this in terms of value. pushing novel projects creates
an image of novelty not production.

"Actually, it is a long term strategy, the same one played by MacApple
and by Microshaft, who've for many years offered steep discounts for
school installations, in order to try to brainwash the next generation
into learning computers on their particular flavor, with the hope
they'd grow up to be consumers and corporate influencers who bought
what they learned on. So, HOSEF actually is doing a long term modality,
and maybe what you really want to see is something more focused on the
short term."

I wonder why there are not more apple computers in the business world? seems
like (ALERT ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE) the ratio of apple laptops on college
campuses FAR outpaces whats in the business world...