[LUAU] Spreading OpenSource w/ ZenCart & 808lunch.com

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Sun Mar 23 21:37:28 PDT 2008

Aryn,

This statement is true:
	(HOSEF != LUAU) == (LUAU != HOSEF) == (HOSEF < LUAU) == TRUE

HOSEF-specific business should probably be discussed on hosef-
managers, not here.

On your Terms & Conditions:

"This Agreement shall all be governed and construed in accordance with
the laws of The United States of America applicable to agreements made
and to be performed in The United States of America."

you may wish to speak to a lawyer about 'venue' and other issues with
your Ts & Cs.  (IANAL, but this and a few other problems stood out
immediately)

And as for Kokua Wireless <http://public.meraki.com/network/kokuawireless?map_lat=21.3112359348147&map_lng=-157.889304944823&map_zoom=11

note that Meraki is evil: <http://virishi.net/from-happy-hacking-screw-you-story-meraki

Anyway,

Does anyone (else) remember Don Hopkin's "pizzatool" (written in NeWS,
released in April of 1991)?
http://www.art.net/~hopkins/Don/images/pizzatool.gif
http://www.donhopkins.com/home/movies/HyperLookDemo.mov

Maybe that needs to be an iPhone app...

Jim

On Mar 23, 2008, at 3:41 PM, Aryn Nakaoka wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> This is the idea:
>>>
>>>  - http://808lunch.com - is basically a e commerce site for local
>>> lunch
>>>  restaurants.
>>>  - The idea was so that office workers could place an order without
>>>  having to wait on hold or wait in line. We've all called a
>>> restaurant
>>> and
>>>  had a hard time understanding the person taking our order... and
>>> its a
>>> quick
>>>  process to call in an order either.
>>>  - 808lunch.com (in the oss spirit) gives a restaurant a FREE e
>>>  commerce site. But more importantly , since our focus is lunch
>>> places
>>> people
>>>  who place orders on the e commerce site will get an e-mail
>> confirmation
>>> and
>>>  the restaurants will receive a fax.
>>>  - Many restaurants don't have a PC to check e-mail or a printer to
>>>     print the order, however they all have a land line to take calls
>>> and faxes.
>>>     Imagine your a restaurant and your fax machine continuously
>>> prints incoming
>>>     orders from a website...
>>>     - Simple concept
>>>     1. browse a menu
>>>     2. click / create order in online shopping cart
>>>     3. send order and get a call back from the store they received
>>>     it
>>>     4. pickup / pay for order or delivery
>>>     5. enjoy your lunch
>>>
>>> The hosting and server will be from us, hopefully we can make it
>>> up with
>>> advertising , but its not much load anyways...
>>>
>>> why we need HOSEF?
>>>
>>>  - The mom and pop lunch places usually don't have the knowledge to
>>>  admin zencart.
>>>     - participating resturants will get a copy of
>>>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/zencart/ for their e commerce
>>>     site.
>>>      - We will setup the structure, but will need people to support
>>>  any restaurants who want to participate
>>>     - anyone who is interested and has knowledge about zencart would
>>>     become an admin for a certain company. we will give you an e-
>>> mail
>> for
>>>     Store_Admin at 808lunch.com so you can communicate with the
>>>     restaurant.
>>>     - What needs to be done?
>>>        - setup logo files
>>>     - setup menu and pricing
>>>        - upload photos
>>>        - of course we can limit how much is done... (100 menu
>>>     items)
>>>     - Its all open for discussion, but I just wanted to throw it out
>>>     there...
>>>     - any other consulting would be available for HOSEF Members to
>>>  take on the side.
>>>     - redoing their website or building them e-mail accounts
>>>
>>> I thought HOSEF members would interested because it will get OSS
>>> for "business" applications that people pay a lot of money for

>>> http://808lunch.com/alohasalad/ = opening soon @ Ward. But there is