IT/IS Jobs in Hawaii was: [LUAU] Great UH Opportunity

Brock Noland brockn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 13:03:57 PST 2008

Aloha,

This is my first post to this list, so I apologize in advance for any list
customs I violate in the following post.

Full Disclosure:  I live on the mainland...in Minnesota.

What is your general assessment of the IT/IS industry in Hawaii?  The reason
I ask, is I plan on moving to Hawaii this fall. I have heard that much of
the work is "outsourced" to the mainland. As such I have some concern about
job prospects. In addition, I have not found an abundant number of job
opportunities for IT in the newspaper, cl, monster, etc...  Are IT/IS jobs
hard to come by? Specifically what about Linux/OSS jobs?

I know this isn't science and a persons job prospects are largely related to
that persons personality and skills.  However, I am interested in hearing
any opinions or thoughts on the matter!

Brock