[LUAU] Something Linux Related

Peter Besenbruch prb at lava.net
Fri Jul 4 13:35:04 PDT 2008

I thought I would put in something Linux related. I installed OpenSuse on a
Virtualbox machine. It was a network install. It took hours. Part of the
problem was that Suse's servers have the bad habit of dying. At least it was
easy to recover.

I installed KDE4. I was pleasantly surprised; this was the first KDE4 from a
distro that I found usable. It was vastly better that Fedora's aborted
monstrosity. Another benefit over Fedora, is that Suse's X server actually
played well with Virtualbox.

I am also playing with a Qemu image of KDE4daily. These are regularly updated
versions of KDE4 on Ubuntu (almost daily). I am watching the updates come
down as I write. I have seen KDE4.1 go from a painfully slow, crash prone
desktop to something improved. It's picked up speed (yes, even on Qemu), and
it doesn't crash as much. Sometimes, a new feature will creep in, but I'm
still waiting for a decent bookmark tool for Konqueror.
--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky