[LUAU] high performance SCP/SSH

Clifton Royston cliftonr at iandicomputing.com
Mon Feb 18 10:32:18 PST 2008

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 12:39:47PM -1000, Angela Kahealani wrote:
> Aloha FreeBSDers
>
> Any mana'o on DesktopBSD vs FreeBSD?

  DesktopBSD, PC-BSD, FreeSBIE (live CD similar to Knoppix), and
m0n0wall are all based on FreeBSD; you could say they are FreeBSD.
They are essentially what the Linux world knows as "distributions" of
FreeBSD, shipped pre-configured for a specific range of uses.  I'd
never heard of DesktopBSD, but I've heard good things about all the
others, and they're all on friendly terms with the core project.

  Everything positive said about FreeBSD should apply to them, except
that they won't necessarily be as up-to-date on all components.
Benefits of using something like a PC-BSD or DesktopBSD are having a
graphic installer, and that somebody has done an extra couple of passes
through to make sure that it comes up with everything on the desktop
working together smoothly.

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at iandicomputing.com / cliftonr at lava.net