[LUAU] high performance SCP/SSH

Angela Kahealani angela at kahealani.com
Sun Feb 17 11:05:51 PST 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-17 04:20:18 Jim Thompson wrote:
> I can't believe this hasn't been incorporated in the official OpenSSH
>   yet, even though it's been out there for years. No wait, I actually
> can. The explanation is that the OpenSSH developers are idiots. IIRC,
> of the last 4 SSH security holes, 3 were only in the OpenSSH
> implementation (and the fourth one was also in OpenSSH).
>
> In a related story, when OpenBSD got W^X they (said they) thought
> they   were the first to ever do it, even though people have been
> running PaX on Linux for years. They also said it couldn't be done on
> x86 that didn't have NX bit, even though PaX had that too for years.
>
> OpenBSD: security via navel-gazing...

Would it be irresponsible extrapolation upon only a few data points,
to conclude that your conclusion is, that Linux has surpassed OpenBSD,
in both speed (both network speed and development speed), and security?

--
"(I'll) Be Seeing You..."    All information and transactions are
private between the parties, and are non negotiable.   All rights