[LUAU] How long should it take to put a system together?

Matt Darnell mattdarnell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 11:05:37 PDT 2008

> I'd say 2 hours, 2.5 with OS installation for Linux, 3 for Windows.

I would give a bit more time for the software install.  You don't have
to be there the whole time but it takes a while for 'yum update' or
windows update to run.  You can walk away but need to keep looking at
it to click OK every now and then.  After that you need to install all
the apps, browser, antivirus, pdf reader etc.

The hardest part of building a PC for me is plugging in all the
connectors for reset, speaker, power light etc.  I don't know why
there isn't a standard so there can be one plug from the case with all
the individual connections in the right place and a single socket on
the motherboard.

-Matt