[LUAU] Who's building system units?

kahrytan kahrytan at hawaiiantel.net
Fri Aug 1 18:43:34 PDT 2008

Clifton Royston wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 08:26:24AM -1000, Karen Lofstrom wrote:
>
>> My old Zen teacher's computer is a battered hand-me-down
>> (approximately seven years old) on its last legs. The CD drive has
>> failed and the HD is making unpleasant noises. He may need a new
>> computer soon. I could assemble one from parts, but it might be too
>> expensive to buy all the parts retail and have them shipped here. If
>> you're going all new (rather than just upgrading a few failing parts)
>> I gather that it's *usually* cheaper to buy from someone who gets the
>> parts wholesale. So, who here in Honolulu is building PCs now? Who's
>> reliable?

Aloha,

  You could shop at Newegg.com. However, complain about their high
shipping cost first.

I recently purchased Motherboard, cpu, single ram stick, and hdd for $25
s hipping. But I complained earlier about cost of shipping. They offered
at $10 discount rebate after a completed order. Since cases are the most
expensive to ship, checkout
http://www.personaltouchcomputers.com/Cases.htm (ignore components,
prices to high). For a Power Supply, try a eBay powerseller thats
willing to ship USPS Flat Rate.