[LUAU] Helping HOSEF and Seeing Thunder(birds)

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Sat Sep 15 12:58:43 PDT 2007

Howdy Do

Just a quick heads up that we are getting our Saturday workshops back
into fuller gear, and they are now in Ewa at the Boys and Girls Club

91-884 Fort Weaver Rd
Ewa Beach, HI 96706

the google map link is a bit long, so I leave it to you to map it.

In general we are still re-purposing donated computers.  Some become
firewall/filters, some become stand-alone workstations running edubuntu,
some become servers running the K12LTSP.  All are tested with memtest,
most are imaged with Clonezilla, and a good time is generally had by all.

For those of you familiar with all the inventory we have held over the
years, you should know that at months' end we will have almost nothing.
  We are moving to the JIT model.  Need to see some pictures of how much
stuff we are talking about?

http://www.hosef.org/gallery2/v/storage/

Should you mosey on out to Ewa today, you have the added bonus of being
able to watch the Thunderbirds from our exclusive beach views.  After
all, it may be hot in Ewa, but the sun always shines.

See you some Saturday in the years to come.

--scott