[LUAU] Re: [buug] nano help!!!!

goku ball z goku3g at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 16:36:34 PDT 2007

Hi Karen, I agree with your statement.  everyone should learn vi.
  The reason why I wanted to install nano is that I just wanted to try something new.. =)

Karen Lofstrom <klofstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 10/20/07, Eric Hattemer wrote:

> I have yet to find this hypothetical system that has vi, but doesn't
> have emacs, noxemacs, nano, pico, nedit, gedit, kwrite, jed, or joe; the
> ability to install one of these easier to use editors, or a file
> transfer utility that would allow you to do your editing remotely.

I gather that the justification for learning vi is that if your system
is hosed, vi will work when other editors are unavailable. Hence you
should use vi at all times, so that you can deal with problems.

I don't see why you couldn't learn enough vi to deal with problems,
and use another editor under ordinary circumstances. Sure, you'll be
slower in vi, and perhaps curse a lot, but you can still use it.

--
Karen Lofstrom