[LUAU] Installfest of Epic Proportions

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Sun Oct 14 13:04:26 PDT 2007

Aloha Folks

If the fancy strikes you, we will be installing Ubuntu Gutsy(1) to about
50 computers today in Halawa.  They are destined for some schools in the
province of Isabela in the Philippines.  We'll be doing most installs
using Clonezilla(2) and/or DRBL(3).  These are Free and Open Source
tools that exceed the power and functionality of programs like Ghost
when it comes to bare-metal imaging of workstations.

The fun will start at 2.  We will be here

99-656 Halawa Drive

http://tinyurl.com/2elof5

HOSEF believes in building learning opportunities with Free and Open
Source Software by re-purposing previously discarded computers.  Today
will be a chance for you to learn or to help.

--scott

(1) http://mirrors.hosef.org/ubuntu-cd/releases/7.10/
(2) http://clonezilla.sourceforge.net/
(3) http://drbl.sourceforge.net/