[LUAU] help on port 25

Dave Burns tburns at hawaii.edu
Fri Nov 9 00:52:10 PST 2007

firewall settings? /etc/hosts.deny? Or most probably the default
config of your mail daemon is set not to relay. Any of these could be
what's up.

If you want to test your mailer, why not just send yourself some email?

echo 'testing 123'| mail -s 'testing123' your.email at address

Not sure where suse puts the mail logs by default, but if you have a
problem that is the place to look. Or the firewall might cough into a
more general system log.

Are you sure you *want* port 25 accepting incoming non-local
connections? It's just an invitation to spammers to use your cycles
and bandwidth and start other trouble.

Dave