[LUAU] Top 10 Best / Worst Cities For Software Developer Pay

Maddog maddog at heavymetalradio.net
Thu Mar 29 22:52:08 PDT 2007

You speculate a lot in your thoughts. I prefer to stand by my statements
that real estate is a regional m,arket and that demand remians high in
Hawaii. I don't see major price drops like we saw in the 90's. Employment
remains strong as do the rest of the economic indicators.

The pronlem remains VC funding for the second round and beyond. Look at HOKU
Scientific.  Eventually, they are going to have to move HQ's to the mainland
due to lack of funding here. Hawaii Biotech is another victim of the same
circumstances although the biotech market continues to develop here. Get
significant dollars here from outside investors and the rest of the markets
might have a chance.

Single family homes compared to Feb. 2006 are up 9.7%. Median house prices
are up 0.2%. As I said before, demand remaions strong on teh island of Oahu,
home prices are steady and there is no sign of a bubble. Maybe you are
reading different stats? I see no rason why someone would pull their money
out of ral estate to invest in a tech startup. Still a way riskier
investment.

MD