[LUAU] hosef MIRROR

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Mon Mar 26 02:13:26 PDT 2007

On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 04:57:20PM -1000, Julian Yap wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 16:24 -1000, HawaiiDakine.com wrote:
> > 1. Why is the size of the ISO file for free BSD 6.2 on the
> > Hosef mirror small compared with the ones I download from the
> > FreeBSD site?

<snip>

> On HOSEF.org, it's shown in Megabytes.
>
> So 6.2-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso = 573.3M
>
> On FTP mirrors it's in Kilobytes (so 587138 KB).
>
> Is that what you mean? Make sure you do MD5/SHA checks, too.

I think there was some MB/KB confusion as well. Just in case, I
verified that the md5sums on the HOSEF mirror match those of the
main FreeBSD ftp mirror.

> > 2. Can we place the ISO snapshot of Current 7.* in
> > development on the mirror? They update it about every 2
> > months.

When the new hard disks are installed we should have more space,
so all I would need is an rsync target for the snapshots.

If you follow -CURRENT, you might as well be updating via cvsup
and run mergemaster/buildworld/installworld.

> I'd also like AMD64 images (for the latest production release
> only should be fine).

I updated the scripts to grab -RELEASE versions of 6.2 and up
of i386 and amd64. When 7.0 is released, the scripts should
automatically pull those ISO files without any changes to the
rsync scripts.

-Vince