[LUAU] Top 10 Best / Worst Cities For Software Developer Pay

Maddog maddog at heavymetalradio.net
Fri Mar 23 09:09:27 PDT 2007

I think it's more of a supply and demand proposition. There are not a lot of
software development companies here and worker demand is low, therefore
employers can pay whatever workers will accept and workers have to accept
what is offered or not work.

In some sectors there is a high demand, such as network engineers. There are
several network integrators that have had to hire workers from out of state.
Higher demand means better wages and employees have the upper hand and can
demand more money. The employer has to accept the higher salary demand
unless he wants to take his chances and look outside the state to find
someone for less (unlikely).

So if Lingle was to "do something" about the situation, it would be to
encourage more software development companies to move here, i.e., tax
breaks. That would increase demand and competition for better workers and
would increase salaries.

MD