[LUAU] Dell opens up Linux Survey - Take it!

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 00:22:55 PDT 2007

Dell is listening.

Answering the 6 questions will to help Dell determine "how to best
prioritize our resources for this effort".  (Survey will be open March
13-March 23).

http://www.dell.com/linuxsurvey

The Dell Inspiron 6000 pages on my web site have received over 10,000
page views.  It's hard to say how many people then went on to purchase a
Dell Inspiron notebook based off my notes but I know that similar web
pages helped my decision making process.

- Julian

How I answered:
1. Would your Dell system with Linux factory installed be for home or
office use?
Both as I already do.

2. Which systems should we prioritize on for Linux factory installation?
Inspiron notebooks, Latitude business notebooks, Dimension desktops,
OptiPlex business desktops, XPS notebooks, XPS desktops

3. What types of activities will you perform on your Dell system with
Linux factory installed?
Basic productivity, Software development, Web browsing, Email...

4. Which languages should we prioritize on?
English

5. For a tested & validated Linux install, what type of software support
would you require?
Existing community support structures for Linux that already exist with
Dell participating more

6. Which Linux distribution should Dell prioritize on?
Community Supported: Fedora