[LUAU] Linspire damage control (on the subject of ESR 'leaving' Fedora)

Peter Besenbruch prb at lava.net
Sun Mar 4 23:04:53 PST 2007

> hey man, I run debian too, but I don't make claims that its the "one
> true" distro.   Its right for me, and yes, I agree that its easy to
> install and maintain, but I've also had apt fsck my system to the point
> of not booting while upgrading 'testing'.

I think I could screw up pretty much anything out there. :)

> I was able to repair same though.

And when that doesn't work, there are backups. I really like the Etch
installer when all else fails. It gives a very fine grained control if
you want it.

> Well, thats the difference.
>
> Linus said, "gnome sucks rocks, here's a patch".
>
> ESR said, "fedora sucks, I quit".

I agree. I may not always agree with Linus' methodology (though I do
agree with him about KDE vs. Gnome), but he is a guy I ultimately
respect. He may shoot his mouth off, but the is a fair bit of substance
behind the guy. When he shoots off his mouth about SCO, he can actually
be quite funny.

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky