[LUAU] Bug Report

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Thu Jun 28 01:04:48 PDT 2007

Angela Kahealani wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2007-06-27 17:41:05 Jim Thompson wrote:
>> Right, lets launch GPLv3 in the six hours before the iPhone
>> madness^Whysteria reaches its logical peek.
>
> I believe "logical" is erroneous;
> perhaps you meant "reality distortion field".

no.  The iPhone "goes on sale" at 6pm (local time) on June 29.
Scheduling a press conference for the GPLv3 a mere 6 hours previous is
sheer stupidity.

> I KNOW "peek" is erroneous; you meant "peak".

yes, I offer you my apologia.

>> Insert obligatory joke with rms shouting, "Can you hear me now?" from
>> the podium of an empty theatre while choppers circle the nearest AT&T
>
> you've confused your brands.. it's
> VeriZon^H^H^H^H^H^H^HHawaiianTelCom
> not AT&T^H^H^H^HCingular^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HAT&T
> where everyone^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hthe symbolic geek keeps asking:
> "Can you hear me now?",
> to which the person on the other and replies:
> "It's the No^Hetwork!"

Yes, I am familiar with the fact that, "Can you hear me now?" is
Verizon's advertising gimmick.  And yes, I meant what I said.

>> store where armed guards escort the privileged few owners of shinny
>> new hardware back to their cars in order to ward-off the muggings.
>
> Wouldn't that be "hackings" instead of "muggings"?

If the iPhone ends up as an object of status (or perhaps only 'desire'),
then I can see a situation develop whereby those "lucky few" who stand
in line for one are subsequently relieved of their shinny new phone via
violence or threats thereof.

Is that clear enough?

Billy Joel has a song titled, "Angry Young Man", they lyrics of which
remind me of Stallman.  Google for it.

cave fatuum!

jim