[LUAU] Linux HD Recovery

John S. Johnson jsj at amagata.com
Wed Jan 17 03:32:34 PST 2007

> If the HD is intact, you can probably move it to the primary IDE
> interface and boot straight off of it.

Thanks Vince!
HD is intact, but the motherboard is kaput. It's an old Athlon and the system I am attaching it to via external USB drive is a recent Dell. I don't think it would be bootable, since the OS is so different(even if I put the drive inside).
Also, since the system went down hard, I am sure there are going to be inconsistencies with the drive. Although I don't have drive in front of me, I believe I remember having problems stemming from inconsistencies when I ran vgscan and vgchange −a y. How can I clean up the inconsistencies? Thanks!

--John