[LUAU] PFOSSCON 2007

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Tue Jan 2 21:09:04 PST 2007

On Saturday January 20 from 10-5 I invite you to change your outlook on
life and software as you know them.  HOSEF will be having its 3rd annual
conference focusing on Free and Open Source Software.  The event is
called PFOSSCON, The Pacific Free and Open Source Software Conference

http://www.pfosscon.org

Registration is free, it is well underway, and your name is not yet on
the list.  Space is limited.

Our keynote and featured speaker is none other than Richard Stallman.
Creator of the GNU project and author of the GPL, Mr. Stallman's vision
and perseverance are the foundations of the Free and Open Source
Software movement.  He is not to be missed.

In addition to Richard Stallman, we will have a speaker from Sun
Microsystems as well as from Vyatta.  From Sun we have a Hawaii native
and Punahou graduate, Barton George, who bears the title of Linux
Strategist and Product Development.  With the GPL v3, this is the year
that Sun rises, again, and you may be blinded by its brilliance.

Vyatta is challenging the likes of Cisco and Juniper with its Open
Flexible Router.  They have an outstanding business model.  They are a
good example of what is yet to come from companies utilizing Free and
Open Source Software.  Dave Roberts, Vice President Strategy and
Marketing, will be their representative.

Please register now and join us on January 20, 2007 from 10-5.

--scott

--
R. Scott Belford
Founder/Executive Director