[LUAU] local help with X11

Peter Besenbruch prb at lava.net
Fri Feb 23 10:59:08 PST 2007

>>> http://www.netgate.com/~jim/Xorg.0.log

Jim Thompson wrote:

> I looked for one (with apt-cache search) but it didn't show up.

I'm not too familiar with Ubuntu. It's a Debian package that makes using
the i810 Xorg driver easier with numerous Intel chip sets (I never have
to mess with modelines).

>> It may be a problem with the updated Xorg driver, or Ubuntu's
>> implementation. Some comments suggest using Intel's driver:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ywgmlc [intel.com]
>
> Oh boy.. perhaps I'll have to go that way.

Good luck. I'm sure you have all the time in the world, but it might be
interesting to run Dapper, or the latest Debian on that box. If Dapper
works and Debian doesn't, it's an Xorg issue. If Debian works, it's an
Ubuntu configuration issue with Edgy.
--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky