[LUAU] From the Star Bulletin

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Thu Feb 1 18:33:13 PST 2007

On Feb 1, 2007, at 2:17 PM, jonr at destar.net wrote:

> Quoting Peter Besenbruch <prb at lava.net>:
>
>> I thought I would pass on this little snippet from today's paper:
>>
>> Ewa Beach basks in free Wi-Fi
>
> What did you all use for your wireless gear and is there any
> throttling of the
> bandwidth going on?

wireless gear:  someone donated it
throttling of bandwidth: nope

> Could there be any legal repercussions if someone is
> downloading illegal content or inappropriate material that could be
> seen by
> passersby?

Why am I responsible for what you see on a laptop screen?

Back when I was @ Wayport, some people feared "exposing children" to
Internet porn via wireless in airports.

It was never an issue.   Never.

Mind you, there was a metric *ton* of p0rn (of all types, some of it
illegal) headed into the hotel room 'ports' we provided, as well
as other questionable content that the FBI would regularly issue
warrants about.

Why am I responsible for what you download?   Are *you* not the actor?

> I would like to maybe try to get our LUG up here to start doing
> some of the
> things I have been watching you all do for the past few years.

Whats stopping you?  How can we help?

Jim