[LUAU] PHP / MySQL guru wanted full time $100K+

CHARLES KOEHL charles at hawaiianbeachrentals.com
Mon Dec 10 18:32:34 PST 2007

Experienced web applications developer with at least 8 years LAMP
experience to work EXCLUSIVELY for Vacation Rental Agent LLC.

$100K+ depending on experience. Full benefits. Must work exclusively for
our company. No other clients/jobs on the side.

We are looking for a TRUE PHP/MYSQL GURU to help the software architect
enhance and maintain the application and database using PHP 5 and MySQL
5. We have built our own specialized PHP framework over the last 5
years. No fear, this is not spaghetti code. It is highly organized, OO,
and well-documented. We use Subversion and Trac, with custom Trac
plugins we built to work with Subversion. We have a dedicated IT staff
to handle maintenance and enhancement of our hardware, network, and
Linux servers, so you will not be doing any sys admin.

Our work environment is highly dynamic and agile. No red tape. Quick
turnaround. You will be working directly with the framework's chief
architect, who has 13 years PHP/MySQL programming experience, 7 of them
at Silicon Valley startups.

Requirements:

    * Experience building at least one enterprise PHP/MySQL application

    * Strong object-oriented PHP 5 experience

    * Strong MySQL skills

    * Experience using user of PHP IDE and debugger such as Eclipse or
Zend

    * Comfortable getting around linux

    * Strong AJAX, Javascript, CSS skills

    * Ability to code consistent with existing framework (naming
conventions, overall style).

    * Experience building and using web services

    * Strong UX knowledge

    * Team player

Pluses:

    * Social networking application experience

    * Test-driven design skills

    * Experience using Subversion

    * Good interface design skills

    * Ability to occasionally touch up or modify existing artwork for
the website.

    * Experience with Flash or Flex for RMA development.

About Us:

Vacation Rental Agent LLC is Hawaii's leading vacation rental agency
with over 3000 vacation rentals. Our Hawaii website,
http://www.hawaiianbeachrentals.com, is organically ranked #1 on Google
for "hawaii vacation rentals" and many other prized key words in the
Hawaii tourism industry. The company has developed its own world-class
web application service which is also used by several other rental
agencies for sales force automation, lead management, guest management,
calendaring, email notifications, guest feedback, sales performance
analysis and financial reporting. This innovative system also generates
the public website, where property owners and managers advertise their
vacation homes and accept reservations by credit card.

    * Location: Kaneohe, Oahu

    * Compensation: $100K plus full benefits. Negotiable.

    * Telecommuting is ok.

    * Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.

    * Please, no phone calls about this job!

    * Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
commercial interests.

Charles Koehl

Vacation Rental Agent

charles at vacationrentalagent.com