[LUAU] Tradition Continues

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Sat Dec 1 09:16:51 PST 2007

December is the time for storied and traditional events in Honolulu - UH
Football, Christmas Parades, the City Lights, and HOSEF workshops.
Today is no different as you are invited to join us in Ewa Beach at the
Boys and Girls Club from 2-5.  Today we will learn how to turn a boring
room into a contemporary, fashionable, and quite comfortable computer
lab using previously discarded computers and that elegant solution
called Free and Open Source Software.

Fashion tips will be provided by other HOSEF members.  Tips like

How do I turn that old dell server into a Clonezilla box so that I can
image the computers in my lab?

and

Firewall Fashion - shall I dress that old PII as a firewall/content filter?

and

Is it still usable? - Finding the gems in your closet using Memtest to
determine which, if any, of your old computers are worth keeping around

and

Who are you - A client, a server, or a standalone? - Finding the true
heart of your computers.

Christmas caroling and songs singing the lore of computers now gone are
welcome.  We'll be here

http://tinyurl.com/33lzkw

--scott

--