[LUAU] Re: dangers to (Software) Freedom

Angela Kahealani angela at kahealani.com
Mon Aug 27 11:43:44 PDT 2007

On Monday, 2007-08-27 01:12:49 Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Aug 26, 2007, at 5:21 PM, Angela Kahealani wrote:
> > I believe that you have practiced "fair use" of copyrighted
> > material.
>
> 808blogger's use is likely fair use, given that it is comment and
> critique.
>
> Likely that the archive of LUAUis not.

I hereby specifically grant a revocable (with 30 days notice) license to
the LUAU archive to retain copies of my copyrighted material until 30
days after receipt of notice of termination of license.

I think it should be fairly obvious that when one publishes a work in a
given forum, that one has by that action licensed that use, but NO
other use.  Thus, implicitly, having knowingly submitted my copyrighted
material to that which I know is an archived mailing list, I have
obviously consented to that archiving pro tem. That does not mean I
have granted license to any other entity to make copies or publish
them, beyond fair use. The only murky question is really about
termination of that grant of use, and there we require knowledge of the
PUBLISHED policies of the mailing list archive about retention of data
in that archive. If the archive did not PRE-publish a policy that it
would never remove material from that archive, then it must remove the
material upon license termination.

> So what purpose does your notice serve?   It can only be hostile.

Really? I would say that the property of hostility is that character
practiced by those who would steal anothers' property. If you find my
practicing maximum defense of my rights to be hostile.... then,
YOU have a problem.

Per UCC, silence constitutes consent. Specifically, 30 days of silence
constitutes agreement. Therefore, one must continually and repeatedly
ASSERT one's rights, as per, or specifically under, the jurisdiction of
UCC1-207. It is YOU collectively who have set up this HOSTILE system
which forces CONTINUAL defense of rights by me. I don't agree to be
bound by your severely dysfunctional system of humans dominating each
other, or the insane laws you've implemented, thus I exited the system.

Angela Kahealani

So, what's it mean?:

> Copyright 2007 Angela Kahealani.

I wrote this, and I control its' publication, it's my property.
I retain control of each copy through its' copyright notice.

> All rights reserve without prejudice.

Necessary to preserve my rights, as the UCC law is written that,
if you don't CONTINUALLY defend your rights, you lose them. IF I
was still in the system under statutes, I could alternately invoke this
concept with UCC1-207, but UCC is a private, copyrighted code, and
therefore, since I don't have a license from the creators of UCC to use
their code, and since invoking their code also invokes their
jurisdiction, I invoke the concept, not their copyrighted version. I
have intentionally placed the reservation of rights in the present
rather than past tense, to emphasize the ONGOING nature of that
reservation of rights.

>All information and transactions are private between the parties,

We are interacting in private space, not PUBLIC space... this is
a private interaction between two flesh-and-blood-incarnate souls, not a
PUBLIC interaction between two cestui que trust corporations.
As a secured party creditor, everything about my existence is private,
whereas, for 14th Amendment U.S. Citizens, everything is PUBLIC.
Because I cannot step into PUBLIC jurisdiction without losing ALL of my
rights, I shall never VOLUNTARILY enter PUBLIC space, therefore, you
have operated privately for our interactions, and I have not acted
PUBLICLY.

>and are non negotiable.

None of this can ever appear before a judge or magistrate.

>http://www.kahealani.com/

Where to get more info.

-
Copyright 2007 Angela Kahealani. All rights reserve without prejudice.
All information and transactions are private between the parties, and
are non negotiable. http://www.kahealani.com/